The aim of this course is to equip participants with a deeper understanding of Mindfulness and to facilitate experiential learning whilst establishing a regular meditation practice.
CONTENT: The course will consist of 3 (or 6) x 1hour sessions, with meditation practice at home inbetween. The course content will include:
- The Mindful approach to life
- Examples of research in Mindfulness
- The Benefits of a Mindfulness practice
- Various mindful meditations – different time lengths and applications
- Feedback from participants each week on their practice experiences
- Support with any difficulties which arise about the practice
- Skills to help manage difficult thoughts and emotions
- An introduction to the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) model
- Growing Awareness and Acceptance, lowering Resistance – putting concepts into practice
BENEFITS: Scientists have discovered that mindfulness techniques help improve physical and mental health in many ways, as well as improving well-being. Mindfulness can:
- Help relieve stress
- Improve happiness & quality of life
- Help regulate attention & deepen ability to focus
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve sleep
- Reduce chronic pain
- Aid in the treatment of depression, anxiety, eating disorders, substance abuse and other issues.
- Increase your capacity for experiencing pleasure and satisfaction
- Help regulate emotions, helping relationships.
Niamh is very knowledgeable, clever, down-to-earth and inclusive in her training methods. I found her approach to be very useful in my training in Mindfulness and my desire to pursue it further. As an introductory course, it was very informative and interesting.
Niamh has a lovely voice and an amazing way to explain mindfulness and guide you during the meditation. She is wonderful and generous when explaining the benefits of meditation and guiding you with her soft and nice voice.
I practised the techniques that Niamh taught us when dealing with an upsetting and stressful situation at work and surprised myself. I dealt with it and moved on without a heavy load on my mind. Niamh has a soothing voice, excellent techniques, great mindset and helped me to accept myself.
Loved this course. Really enjoyed the 3 weeks, I would love more. Niamh was so good at breaking everything down and checking in that we were understanding. I didn’t even realise all the benefits I’ve been experiencing. Its great to focus now and plan how I can take these tools forward.
Niamh has an excellent way of explaining the concept of Mindfulness in a very practical sense that can be related to everyday life. I have begun making small changes to my way of thinking already and hope to develop this into everyday life. Would highly recommend a course with Niamh for anyone interested in Mindfulness.